What's It Worth?
Valuation Day with John Moran Auctioneers
Fundraiser to benefit Bakersfield Museum of Art
Tuesday, June 5, 2018
10:30am - 3:00pm
Pre-Registration Is Now CLOSED
Limited walk-in appointments are available from 11:30AM - 3:00PM
$35 BMoA Members | $40 Non-Members
Bring up to three (3) items to Bakersfield Museum of Art for a special valuation event courtesy of the experts at John Moran Auctioneers.
Several experts will be on hand to give verbal auction valuations to items in the following categories:
- Fine Art (California, American, & European Paintings)
- Antiques (American & European)
- Native American Objects
- Jewelry (Edwardian to Contemporary)
- Mid-Century Modern
Consignment opportunities may be available and will be discussed during your valuation appointment.
Additional Event Information
- Please arrive during your selected 1hr appointment time frame. Early arrivals will not be checked in until the time of their appointment.
- Guests will be checked in and seen on a first-come-first-serve basis within their selected 1hr appointment time frame.
- Participants can bring up to three (3) items for a verbal auction valuation.
- No books of any kind will be assessed for valuation at the event .
- Participants must have the ability to carry their items into the event for valuation.
- BMoA cannot provide physical help, tools, or carts to load items into the event.
- Photos of larger items are suitable for verbal valuations.
- BMoA is not liable for any damage incurred at this event.
All proceeds benefit Bakersfield Museum of Art in providing outstanding exhibits and offering unique educational opportunities in the visual arts to Bakersfield and its surrounding communities.
About John Moran Auctioneers - John Moran Auctioneers is a family-owned and operated company established in 1969 and is dedicated to providing the highest level of service and professional standards in the business to buyers and to sellers, trustees and executors seeking appraisal and disposition of antiques, fine art, quality furnishings and jewelry at auction. For more information Click Here.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the difference between a "Valuation" and an "Appraisal"? - A valuation is an estimate of the value of your collection based on knowledge from multiple sources in the art world. An appraisal, however, is a formal process of determining the value of artwork that includes a certificate for tangible proof of your artwork’s value.
Can changes be made to an appointment (time, categories, etc.) after registration is complete? - Please call the Museum during business hours for all appointment changes and we will do our best to accomodate you.