Call To Artists
ARTMIX, A Curated Cocktail Party allows the community to purchase one-of-a-kind artwork at affordable prices, simultaneously supporting local artists and benefiting the BMoA Fund, which supports all areas of the Bakersfield Museum of Art including preservation of the BMoA permanent collection, visiting exhibitions, and youth art education and outreach.
BMoA is now accepting digital submissions of original works of art to be offered for sale on a consignment basis during this event. We are looking for pieces at the $200, $400 and $600 price point. Artists who are current members of the Museum may submit up to five pieces of original art. Artists who are not current members may submit up to three pieces of original art. Artwork must be submitted through the form below in order to be considered.
We hope you can be part of the fantastic opportunity ARTMIX provides to showcase local artists in our community.
BMoA members may submit up to five (5) works and non-members may submit up to three (3) works for consideration. If you wish to become a BMoA member please visit bmoa.org/join.
If you have any questions, or experience any issues with the online application form contact
BMoA Curatorial Assistant Melissa Bañuelos at email@example.com
Online submissions open:
Thursday, February 15th through Monday, March 12th at 11:59PM
Artists notified of acceptance and artwork in-take schedule:
Thursday, March 15th
Artwork for sale during ARTMIX: A Curated Cocktail Party:
Thursday, March 22nd from 5:30PM – 9:00PM
Artist pick-up of any unsold pieces:
Monday, March 26th & Tuesday March 27th from 10:00AM – 6:00PM
Artist Submission Guidelines
I have read and accept the following Artist Guidelines:
• All work must be digitally submitted through the BMoA website by Monday, March 12th at 11:59PM
• Artists who are current members of BMoA may submit up to five pieces of original art. Artists who are not current members of BMoA may submit up to three pieces of original art. If you wish to become a BMoA member please visit bmoa.org/join.
• Size restriction: no piece can exceed 20 x 20 x 20
• All pieces must be priced at $200, $400, or $600
• Artist will be notified if work has been selected for this year’s event via email by Thursday, March 15th
• All accepted work will need to arrive to the museum during museum hours (10:00AM - 4:00Pm) on Friday March, 16th or Saturday, March 17th
• Artwork must be framed, ready-to-hang and securely wired with D-rings or eye hook and hanging wire, prior to art intake date. Work will not be accepted if it is not ready to hang.
• All submissions will be vetted through the ARTMIX art sale committee and curatorial team
• Pieces are to be labeled on the back of the object with the artist’s name, title of work, dimensions, medium and price
• Upon drop off artists will be asked to complete an Agreement/Receipt form and a W-9 form
• Artists receive fifty percent (50%) of the sale price of the artwork and the remaining fifty percent (50%) benefits the BMoA Fund, which supports all areas of the Bakersfield Museum of Art including preservation of the BMoA permanent collection, visiting exhibitions, and youth art education and outreach.